Safeguarding Information for Visitors
All staff and visitors alike have a responsibility for safeguarding our pupils. To ensure this we ask the following:
- Switch off you mobile phone/device and store it in your bag
- In the event you do need to use your mobile phone or camera enabled device, please do so in an area that is not accessed by the children, this includes corridors. Such places could be in one of the offices or in the staffroom.
- Do not take pictures, videos or sound recordings of any pupils or activities etc
- If you are working with a child, please ensure the class teacher is aware of this, where you are working and approximately how long for
- If you are working with a child, please do so in a space that is open, or have an open door or visible by others through a window
- If you have a concern about a child please pass this on to the child’s class teacher, who will then follow our safeguarding procedures. If they are not available, please speak with one of our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads – Miss Scammell, Mrs Long or Mrs Hallett.
- If you have a concern about another adult in school, please ask to speak to the Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mrs Fielder – HoS)
- Always share concerns with school staff, no matter how small they may appear, and don’t keep them to yourself.
- If a child says something to you that you think could be a safeguarding concern, act as above, and if possible write down what was said immediately. Listen to the child, do not question them or promise them that it will remain confidential between the two of you.